The St. Cloud Figure Skating Club professional staff have over 100 years combined coaching experience. They are committed to sharing their love of skating with skaters of all ages and abilities. For information on fees, lesson availability and schedule, please contact the coach directly.
Interested in coaching with SCFSC? See notes at the bottom of this webpage.
Alexa Evenson - Advanced Team Coach
Dance Coach/Moves in the Field Coach
Phone: (612) 386-1798
Alexa is SCFSC primary dance coach and also works with skaters on MIF. Coaching experience 15+ years through senior MIF and Gold dance. Skating Background: Senior MIF, Gold Dance, Novice Freestyle, and 3rd figure. Competed on National Level Synchronized Skating teams. Education Background: B.S. in Nutrition, M.S. in Food Science, Ph.D. in Human Development/Gerontology, and is a Registered Dietitian. Outside of coaching works as an Assistant Professor of Nutrition at the College of Saint Benedict/Saint John’s University. Available for private lessons in Dance and Moves in the Field. Private lesson rate per 15 min: $9.00
Theresa Fleege - Advanced Team Coach
Phone: (320) 333-2280
Theresa serves as secondary Freestyle and MIF coach at SCFSC. SCFSC Alum. Passed Senior Moves in the Field and Junior Freestyle as a skater. Has 10+ years of coaching experience. Member of the SCFSC, USFS. Theresa is a 4th grade teacher at St. Joseph Catholic School. Available for private lessons in Freestyle and Moves. Private lesson rate per 15 min: $8.25
Kris Moran - Advanced Team Coach
Learn to Skate Director, Freestyle, MIF and Dance Coach
Phone: (320) 293-9304
Kris serves as a primary or secondary coach at SCFSC for any skaters working on freestyle, MIF, dance, and hockey. Completed 7th Figure, Senior Freestyle and Gold dance as a skater. Twenty-five plus years coaching experience of figure skating and hockey. Member of SCFSC, USFS, PSA, USA Hockey Certified Level 4 Coach. Kris is one of the top hockey officials in Minnesota. Available for private lessons in freestyle, moves, dance, hockey. Private lesson rate per 15 min: $8.50
Brianna Femrite, Advanced Team and LTS Coach
Phone: (320) 761-1487
Coaching /Skating Background
Brianna serves as a secondary Freestyle and MIF coach at SCFSC. Brianna also coaches in our Learn2Skate program. SCFSC Alum. Passed Junior Moves in the Field and Novice Freestyle. Is a member of the SCFSC and USFS. Outside of coaching Brianna is a Commercial Account Executive with Insurance Brokers. She graduated from the University of Saint Thomas with honors. Her hobbies include: marathon running, raising two active young boys and rooting on the Cold Spring Amateur Baseball team and their star pitcher and husband, Zach. Available for private lessons in Freestyle and Moves. Private lesson rate per 15 min: $6.50
COACHING REQUIREMENTS FOR SCFSC FREESTYLE PROFESSIONALS
1. It is preferred that all coaches have passed Intermediate Freestyle. Coaches who have not passed Intermediate Freestyle;
a. May be considered to coach on freestyle ice if approved by the Board of Directors.
b. Coaches not having passed Intermediate Free should begin working in the LTS program and with LTS+ and up to pre-Juv skaters. This level coach will also be encouraged to be mentored under a more experience freestyle coach.
2. Must provide proof of liability Insurance
3. Must be a member of USFS (registered by SCFSC Membership Coordinator and paid by SCFSC).
4. Must have a USFS background check (age 18 or older) (Paid by SCFSC).
5. To coach at test sessions or non-qualifying competitions - completion of required Continuing Education Requirements (CER's) as listed by USFS.
6. It is preferred for coaches to be a member of PSA, but not required.
7. Must sign and agree to abide by SCFSC Expectations and Responsibilities contract.
8. Professionals must be committed to keeping their students at SCFSC.
9. SCFSC also offers stipends for education depending on qualifications.
10. SCFSC Coaches children can participate in our LTS program at 50% cost.
11. All freestyle coaches are hired by the Executive Board and approved by the board. All Coaches report to the board.
12. Visiting Coaches - Visiting Coaches must be approved by the board before they can coach on SCFSC ice.
Interested in coaching with SCFSC. Please fill out the New Coaches Application.
Required for coaches 18 and older who coach at SCFSC on freestyle ice.